“The six tools featured are…
* Device Anywhere is a commercial operation, allowing customers to sign up and test “Any Device. Any Network. Anywhere.” There are a range of subscription plans but you can sign up for a free trial.
* MobiReady is tests mobile-readiness using industry best practices & standards. After testing you receive a free report outlining how well your site performs.
* Opera Mini is a live demo of the Opera Mini browser that functions like it would when installed on a handset.
* W3C Mobile OK Checker performs a range of tests on a Web Page to determine its level of mobile-friendliness. The short report produced will tell you where you’re going wrong.
* dotMobi Emulator emulates a real mobile phone Web browser. It’s a bit limited as you can only choose from two different phones you like as a skin.
* iPhoney, as you could imagine, is specific to iPhone testing. It’s a downloadable application that is precise to the pixel, so useful for the designer working on iPhone apps.”